Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Firsts


As soon as I sat down with the scrumptious bowl of rice cereal, this is the reaction I got from Henry:


It was as if he was thinking: Finally I get the good stuff (he didn't know that rice cereal tastes like cardboard yet.)  I think he was just happy to not be on an all-liquid diet. 

After giving him about 3 bites, Henry swiftly grabbed the spoon from me and took matters into his own hands.
He got a little overzealous; apparently his gag reflex works fine.
All done.
Hankster is already trying to crawl-- he has a quiet determination (as opposed to Dean's vocal ways.)  I don't want my baby to grow up!!

6 comments:

k berrett said...

Kristyn - what a cute little boy!! He is so precious and so big! I wanna kiss those little cheeks!! I hope all is well there! cute photos of the blessing too - i love the coloring and look of ruth's pictures! I miss ya'll! I am so glad to see all the pictures of the kids! you are awesome! love ya

AM said...

it's ok if he grows up - just have another one - cause your babies are soooooo cute! i miss you!

Susie Demke said...

He eats like me! So furiously we gag. Hey, if the food it good...

Ruth said...

Poor Henry he has been waiting for th real food. I bet he sighed with relief.

Katie Schultz said...

how cute that he jacked his spoon

jenny demke said...

he's so cute. rice cereal is disgusting. i tried a bite. ick.
i put a couple pictures of your kids on my blog. they're not that great,but i thought you may want to see them.