Monday, September 15, 2008

Dean's first day of preschool



WOW!!!!!!  I think all the dogs in the neighborhood were awakened from their afternoon siestas today after hearing the jarring screams of Dean as I tried to take him to his first day of preschool.  He has been so excited to go to a big boy school, but that all changed when we went to orientation last week and he realized that I actually drop him off and leave.  I thought all was good afterwards when he talked about going to his big boy school again and how it would help  "get the little out" of him.  Wrong!!!  The trepidation set in this morning and he was already concocting the "I'm so so so soooo sick" excuse.  I felt bad about taking him anyway, but I know he'll end up loving it... right?  Needless to say, I didn't get any cute pictures of him sitting proudly at his desk or any other typical first day photos-- I was quickly ushered out of the room to "ease" the transition.  I sure hope tomorrow is better.

P.S.  Does anyone know anything about canon elphs?  I can't figure out why my pictures keep turning out blurry.  Ruth????

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Let me fiddle with it. I LOVE lOve love these pic of Dean. Way more priceless then happy smiley face.

jill said...

I agree with Ruth. The last pic is the best it looks as though he is making his escape from a horrible place called pre-school.

Jill said...

Not to sound redundant, but those pictures beat happier ones hands down.

julie said...

priceless memories eh? Happy birthday!

Susie Demke said...

KristYn. I just realized I have been consistently spelling your name wrong for oh, about 2 years now. Pretty much how long I've known you. Please don't take it as any indication of the value and importance of of our friendship. If I had a frienship heart necklace I would give you half. For example my oldest friend in the world name is Alison. I know that I am spelling it wrong but I couldn't tell you how it is really spelled. We have been friends for 15 years. AND my own father spells my name SuZie. Still does, always has. Is it genetic? Anyway. You're a pal. I hope your hair feels fluffier. Not that it needed to be.

acl said...

Kristyn - I wish dean and ian could be friends. They both have cute hair. Also, I wish I put ian in preschool this year so we could have a little break from each other. Or that we lived close enough that I could just send him over to your house to play.
PS happy birthday! Miss ya.

Ashly said...

hey good to see you found our blog! our friend nate (he works with scott and christian as like their assistant. im sure you probably know who he is.) anyway, he called andrew and asked if he would do the interview because they wanted somebody from NYC that wasn't a celebrity parent. ha. pretty funny. i cant believe how old your kids are. i guess its been a while since i have seen them. are you getting ready for baby or what? good luck with all that!

whitneyingram said...

HA! Go Dean! Ain't nobody tellin' you what to do.