Saturday, June 27, 2009

Beach Bums


I may be biased, but I think my friends--including those not present at the beach this day-- make the most beautiful children.  They are even cuter when childhood bliss is written all over their beaming smiles.  Overall it was a great day with old -- old as in I've been friends with them for 14 years, not old in age or appearance--friends.  I wished I could've visited more with my "old" friends, but a certain 7 year old wished to ravage camp and lay in the surf so that the salty sea water could filter into her tube-filled ears (I'm a bad mom-- I forgot the Mack's ear plugs).  Nonetheless, it was a fabulous day and my kids had the time of their lives.  The older I get, the more I realize that fun isn't defined by how things/events/people please me, but rather it is defined by how these things affect and please my children.  When my children have fun, I am pleased.


(Dean copying Porter)
(Henry and North)
(Alta doing what she does best)
(I think this might be one of Alta's favorite days ever)


(Dean trying to hang with the boys-- Jonas and Porter)
(Henry after a fistful of sand)
(baby meadow)
(Janie girl)
(Darling Zinnia)
(Blue)
(Lyd and North--the most smiley baby ever!)

2 comments:

Susie Demke said...

Random, but I grew up on a street called Zinnia. 600 Zinnia Way. 529-3083. Wow. I still remember....I guess I didn't grow UP there. Just lived there a few years as child. ANYWAY.
What a lovely name. It's a very beautiful flower. Zinnia. That is so cute... Never heard it as a name before and it's so nice.
I love the pictures. AND love the babies!!!

Precia said...

That was so much fun to have you there. I totally know what you mean, it is all about the kids having fun. That's the only reason I was camping with a three month old. Oh wait and all the friends and sun. So great to see you! Thanks for making Zinnia feel like she is a super model!